February 25, 2013

Painting. Figure: Ocean S. Myers



painting, blue, ocean, sea, personification, figure, S. Myers, Sarah Myers, art, arte, water, baroque, woman, recline, acrylic, pintura
Figure: Ocean    S. Myers, Acrylic on Canvas  2013

     My newest painting began with inspiration from Baroque maps, where figures personifying seasons, continents, and oceans stand on either side or recline at the bottom, ornamenting already elaborate and fantastic charts.

      But I was also looking at pictures of Brazilian interiors.  And I was full of the colors and enchanting vistas of Raoul Dufy. So as I spread the brilliant blue, the brown, and the mica/iron gold paint on the canvas, I resolved, not to hold to a single influence, simply to create something that would show very well on a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment