January 28, 2013

Failure of Solar Power

wet, rain, cloud, palm, plant, tree, photograph, artist, art, S. Myers, Sarah Myers, gray
Days and Days of This


    I’ve been eager to post so many things for you to see – a very new painting, old sculptures safely unpacked, a sketch or so, a whole half-dozen different images. But they all needed my camera, and my camera needed the Sun.

    All week the sky has been a gentle, moody, glum expanse of cloud. Now and then the rain comes down in the same gentle, depressed manner, leaving palm-trunks dripping black and the little concavities and cracks in the patio shaded darker with damp – merely shaded, since even during this wet spell the air here is so dry standing water evaporates immediately.

   I am putting up an eyewitness photograph to substantiate my claim. As soon as the Sun breaks through consistently I will seize my camera and drag some artwork out into the longed-for light.         

No comments:

Post a Comment